About the Author
As a writer and poet living in Royal Oak, MI, the following is a bona fide listing of past and present artistic credentials and experience:
- Headliner of PATT”S POETRY PARTY, a 90’s open-mic program, presented monthly, ’96 through ’98, in downtown Royal Oak.
- Writer and Poet in residence in Royal Oak: Community Awards poems recited and recognized: Citizens Compliment, Trophy Town, Peaks, Sole Sign, In Up, Crest and Re Be Future.
- Birthright Poems: A compilation written to commemorate Royal Oak’s 75th Anniversary, documented in the Library of Michigan Collections.
- Former President of and writer for the Royal Oak Arts Council, including originator of Art Active Series, co-chair of 29th Annual Outdoor Art Fair, hostess of Artist Spotlight (local cable TV).
- Famous Women in Royal Oak, distinction by Royal Oak Historical Guild.
- Published works including Wayne Literary Review, Wayzgoose Anthologies, Windsor Review, Detroit Free Press Holiday Short Story award and other local publications.
- Published Online Books: PLUS TWO, CHRISTMAS REEL, OPINIONATA.
- Charter Member and benefactor of the National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington, D.C.
- Long standing member of the Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce – 2011 poem, Link Age, featured in the 75th Anniversary Celebration article and promotions.
- Associate Degree in Arts, Oakland Community College.
- Originator and Author of Patt’s WORD ART.
Patt has been published in the Royal Oak Today Magazine!
2018 4th Quarter Publication.